According to USDA, dates are a good source of energy, fiber, sugar, and various vitamins and minerals.
Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, and zinc can be found in them.
Apart from the above-mentioned nutrients, they also contain important vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
1. Good source of energy: Dates are high in natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose.
The high energy present in them can be attributed to this high sugar content. A study published in theInternational Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, suggests that dates rich in essential nutrients may help you regain your energy immediately.
4. Promote Brain Health: Dates may be helpful for lowering inflammation and preventing plaques from forming in the brain, which is important for preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Promote Natural Labor: Dates may promote and ease natural labor for pregnant women when consumed during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
6. Excellent Natural Sweetener: Dates are a healthy substitute for white sugar in recipes due to their sweet taste, nutrients, fiber and antioxidants.
7.Bone health: Dates contain several minerals, including phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium. All of these have been studied for their potential to prevent bone-related conditions like osteoporosis.
8. Blood sugar control: Dates have the potential to help with blood sugar regulation due to their low glycemic index, fiber and antioxidants. Thus, eating them may benefit diabetes management.
2.High in Fiber, which may be beneficial for preventing constipation and controlling blood sugar control.
3. Rich in Antioxidants: Dates contain several types of antioxidants that may help prevent the development of certain chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
Proven Health Benefits of Dates
9.Rich in Iron: dates contain iron, which is highly recommended for those who suffer from iron deficiency. Severe iron-deficiency anemia may cause fatigue or tiredness, shortness of breath, or chest pain. Plus it's great for blood purification as well.
10. Strengthen the nervous System: Date are loaded with potassium, and yet contain little sodium, and that goes a long way in keeping your nervous system in order. The potassium helps to reduce cholesterol, and keeps the risk of a stroke in check.
11. Dates are a strong source for Proteins that help us in staying fit and keep our muscle strong.
12. Rich in Vitamins: Dates Contain vitamins as B1, B2, B4, and B5, as well as A
Proven Health Benefits of Dried Figs
1. Figs are low in calories and have no fat. If you’re looking to shed pounds, figs are a great replacement for unhealthy snacks (in moderation).
2. Rich in Fiber. Fiber may help alleviate constipation and keep you feeling full longer.
It may also help lower cholesterol and control blood sugar levels.
3. Bone Density: Good source of calcium, which can ward off osteoporosis as well as other health issues. You won't find a better plant source of calcium than figs.
4. Loaded with Antioxidants: Dried figs “have superior quality antioxidants.” This help
to protect against Alzheimer's disease and protect against neuronal degeneration.
5. High Nutrition Value: One of the richest plant sources of a variety of vitamins and minerals, including: vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, iron.
6.Fig can contribute to diabetes treatment by normalizing blood fatty acid and vitamin E levels.
Dried figs are loaded with antioxidants and other micronutrients that promote skin health and strengthen your hair.
With a good amount of vitamin E, vitamin C, and calcium, these dried fruits can give your skin a much-needed boost.
These active ingredients can work as antioxidants to clear out free radicals and prevent them from causing oxidative stress, which leads to wrinkles, age spots, and other blemishes.
It can also improve skin elasticity, to keep you looking younger for longer.
7. Promote Weight Loss. When consumed in moderation, these fruits may aid in weight loss and make clean eating easier. The fiber in dried figs increases satiety and curbs hunger, which in turn, helps reduce total food intake. As Harvard Health Publishing points out, high-fiber diets not only improve weight control but may also protect against heart disease and diabetes.
8. Fight Diabetes Naturally: fig, may reduce blood glucose levels and improve insulin response. These fruits are high in vitamin E, sterols, coumarins, tannins and other bio-active compounds with anti-diabetic properties.